Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My incredibly brave friends..


Megan and I went to college together at Saint Mary's, when she met her husband, we couldn't stop talking about what a nice guy he was. Now we all know not only how nice he is, but what an amazing person he is. Cancer has entered their life and they have faced this struggle with bravery and faith like I have never known. I read their family blog and am floored by the wisdom, wit and faith that comes across the screen.

Matt is a huge Michigan fan ( that is an understatement.. he proposed to Megan on the field ) so we went back to capture some family photos there. Construction kept us from the field, but we took as many as we could around the stadium. I love this family with my whole being, I wish I could wave a magic wand and fast forward to a time when everyone is healthy and their days could revolve more around swimming lessons then chemo. I hope that should I ever be faced with a struggle like this, I can exhibit one once of the grace and faith I have seen in this amazing family. I am lucky call you friends. Love and Prayers!
























6 comments:

mattuday said...

Thanks Foley for your kind words. We love you too!

Matt

PS--The photos are amazing, I treasure them and gain strength from them. Thank you!!

mattuday said...

Foley, we are blessed to have such a talented & amazing friend! We had a blast at our photo day with you & we LOVE LOVE LOVE our photos!
xo,
Megan

Jen Kniivila said...

These are beautiful!!

Mandy (Uribes) Macias said...

Your family is beautiful, Megan! My mom told me about your blog and I've been praying for you and your family. It's good to see my old friend happy and enjoying her family. My prayers will continue to be with you and your husband and son.
Mandy (Uribes)

Anonymous said...

What wonderful photos! I love the one with Ethan on Matt's shoulders. Very cute! I am glad you had a day of fun together!

Megan

Dave Rowan said...

Your photographs of Matt, Megan and Ethan are incredible, exceptional, outstanding and very, very beautiful. You have artistically captured the love and determination of a wonderful family. Congratulations!

God bless you,
Dave Rowan