Thursday, April 2, 2009

Starting off in the NICU. Amazing little ones.

I'll admit, I have a big weakness for little ones who begin in the Intensive Care Unit. 31 years ago, I was there , all 3lbs of me.

So when I got the call to photograph these two, I was honored to get the chance to document their small beginnings. These twins, B and G, have incredible parents who are no strangers to hospital stays . John, a Marine, was severely injured in Iraq, and his wife , Lisa have a love story that began when they met in the first day of the Police Academy . They've been through the wringer already, and now have two little boys who are lucky to have such dynamic parents.
Below is a link to a story on John and Lisa from the Ann Arbor News.

http://blog.mlive.com/ann_arbor_news_extra/2008/01/marine_from_saline_is_healing.html

But now... the big introduction of these tiny little guys...
we were limited by all the cords and monitors , but just watching John and Lisa maneuver them , they seemed like old pros. We were able to put them together in a crib and the two boys nuzzled into one another . It was almost as if you could see them snuggle into one another as if to say, "Hey, I remember you! "
There are days when I don't think my heart can hold all the love and amazement I feel when I see newborns, and that morning in the NICU... the love in the room from everyone was palpable. Their tiny hands and feet are no measure for the big , wonderful life that awaits these two. Thank you John and Lisa , for your service to this country, your commitment to each other, letting me document the love between you and your sons. It was truly an honor. I can't wait to photograph them again next week at home! :)





















1 comment:

Soniafrances55 said...

Folz! This is an awesome blog. Your photos are simply incredible and beautiful. If I had a baby you'd be "the one" to be photographing him/her. (So, what's the good news??! I'm SO curious!)
love you as always...